Ausschreibung Visiting Scholars Summer Term 2020
Call for Visiting Scholars – Summer Term 2020
Margherita von Brentano Center for Gender Studies, Freie Universität Berlin
The Margherita von Brentano Center at Freie Universität Berlin (www.mvbz.fu-berlin.de) offers non-stipendiary visiting fellowships to excellent scholars who are conducting research related to one of our ongoing research focuses. These are:
- Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and Violence
- Knowledge Production, Power, and Gender Relations in Academia and Beyond
- Digital Transformations, Gender Equality, Inclusiveness
- Feminist, Diversity and Intersectional Politics
Visiting scholar appointments are from approx. 4 weeks to 4 months and have to be carried out during the Summer Term 2020 (April to July)*during which time scholars will pursue independent research and will have the opportunity to interact with faculty, students, and researchers within the field of gender studies.
Researchers who have been part of our Visiting Scholar Program are listed here.
Visiting Scholars are expected to actively participate in the academic activities of the MvBZ. These include the participation in workshops, conferences and lecture series. We encourage visiting scholars to present their ongoing work. The center requests that in return, scholars in residence acknowledge the center's support in any publications that result from this research period.
The MvBZ does not provide funding nor health or work insurance. Visiting scholars are expected to be self-funded and self-insured. Visiting Scholars enjoy full access to the Freie Universität libraries and electronic resources, and will receive an e-mail account for the duration of their stay at the MvBZ.
Applicants should email the following documents by November 30, 2019 to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Outline of your research project including the work you propose to conduct during your stay at the MvBZ
- List of publications
- If applicable: one of your publications related to the proposed research project (English, German or Spanish)
MvBZ welcomes applications from academic researchers from diverse disciplinary backgrounds who hold a doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent), and whose proposed research relates to the research topics of the MvBZ. We request a fluent command of either German or English.
Applicants will be notified of the decision in writing by December 30, 2019.
In case of any questions please contact:
* Academic Calendar: http://www.fu-berlin.de/en/studium/studienorganisation/termine/index.html#dates