Digital Round Table: “Sexual violence and harassment in higher education institutions”
The Margherita von Brentano Center for Gender Studies at Freie Universität Berlin is collaborating with GENDER.ED at University of Edinburgh in the context of the 16 Days of Violence Blogathon, which is organized collaboratively and co-hosted together with the Gendered Violence Research Network at the University of New South Wales, and the Centre for Publishing at Dr B R Ambedkar University Delhi.
The following round table was conceived to bring together experts and practitioners working from different perspectives on issues related to sexual violence and harassment in higher education. The event was conceived as pre-recorded round table, to be able to bring voices and experiences from different countries around the world.
- Javiera Arancibia, Psycho-legal Support - Prevention and Best Practices, Universidad de Santiago, Chile (USACH)
- Jan Breckenridge, Academic Co-convenor of Gendered Violence Research Network (GVRN), UNSW Sidney
- Lesley Johnston, Sexual Violence & Harassment Liaison Manager, Equally Safe Team, Edinburgh University
- D. Parthasarathy, Professor Nayanta School of Public Policy, Hyderabad/IIT Bombay
- Wendy Stollberg, Office of the Standing Working Group on Sexualized Harassment, Discrimination and Violence, Freie Universität Berlin
- Catherine Tormey, Senior Dignity and Respect Support Adviser, University College Dublin
Moderation: Heike Pantelmann (Margherita von Brentano Center, FU Berlin)
Organization: Sabina García Peter (Margherita von Brentano Center, FU Berlin)
Introduction: Dealing with the topic of SVH. Own journeys.
Thematic Block 1: History, developments, resistances & support
Jan Breckenridge & D. Parthasarathy
Thematic Block 2: Developments, measures and resources to deal with SVH / Institutional location
Wendy Stollberg & Catherine Tormey
Thematic Block 3: Specificities in the work dealing with SVH /Sensitization measures
Javiera Arancibia & Lesley Johnston
Outro: Challenges and opportunities in the field of work
AVAILABLE ON YouTube