Board of Directors
The Board of Directors supports the Margherita von Brentano Center and, in coordination with the scholarly leadership and the business management, decides which topics and concepts to focus on and how to distribute budgetary funds strategically.
The Board of Directors consists of officeholders in the institutions and committees of Freie Universität Berlin that are responsible for Gender Studies. As of November 2019, the current members are the following:
- Prof. Dr. Marianne Braig, Speaker of the international Network of Expertise "desiguALdades.net" as well as of the collaborative Research Project „Medidas para la inclusión social y equidad en Instituciones de Educación Superior en América Latina“ (MISEAL)
- Prof. Dr. Gülay Çağlar, Professor for the division of "Gender and Diversity", Otto Suhr Institute of Political Science, as well as head of the Master Course of Studies (so be set up)
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Fritz, Chairwoman of the Commission to promote Junior Researches at Freie Universität Berlin as well as Representative of the State Conference of the Rectors and Presidents of Universities (LKRP) in the Selection Committee of the Berlin Equal Opportunity Program (BCP)
- Prof. Dr. Doris Kolesch, Speaker of the Women's Council
- Prof. Dr. Martin Lücke, Scientific Director of the Margherita von Brentano Center
- Prof. Dr. Anita Traninger, Co-Spokesperson of the Cluster of Excellence “Temporal Communities”, Spokesperson of the Dahlem Humanities Center
The advisory members are:
- Dr. Mechthild Koreuber, Gender Equality Officer of Freie Universität Berlin (advisory function)
- Dr. Heike Pantelmann, Managing Director of the Margherita von Brentano Center (advisory function)
- Prof. Dr. Verena Blechinger-Talcott, Vice President of Freie Universität Berlin (advisory function)
The Board of Directors is assuming the duties of the former GenderNet Leadership Team. Speaker of the Board of Directors is Prof. Dr. Margreth Lünenborg.