The Advisory Board of the Margherita von Brentano Center advises the leadership and staff on the center’s conceptual emphases and approves the annual statement of accounts.
The Advisory Board is composed of eight members:
- Four members of Freie Universität Berlin, including a member of each group listed under section 45 para. 1 of the Berlin Higher Education Act (BerlHG), who are each elected by the members’ groups of the Academic Senate and appointed by the Executive Board for a two-year term:
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Nessel, Institute for Theater Studies
- Nicole Eschner, strategic planning and regulatory reporting (inter alia Gender and Diversity Controlling)
- Paula Ranft, Academic Senat of Freie Universität Berlin (stud. Member)
- Four external, academically distinguished representatives of Gender Studies from Germany and abroad who are each nominated by the center’s Board of Directors and appointed by the Executive Board for a two-year term:
- Prof. Dr. Walter Erhart, Bielefeld University, Faculty of Linguistics and Literary Studies
- Prof. Dr. Helma Lutz, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Institute of Sociology
- Prof. Dr. Shalini Randeria, Rector of the Institute for Human Sciences (IWM), Vienna; Research Director and Professor of Social Anthropology and Sociology at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
- Prof. Dr. Verónica Schild, Western University in London, Ontario, Department of Political Science
The advisory board first convene in winter semester 2016/17.