Findings in Women’s and Gender Studies at Freie Universität Berlin
The interdisciplinary book series “Ergebnisse der Frauen- und Geschlechterforschung” (Findings in Women’s and Gender Studies) concluded at the end of 2007. There are now plans to retroactively digitize previously published volumes and to establish a publication space for open-access publishing in Gender Studies (especially monographs and edited volumes).
Please find the list of publications from 1985 to 2007 here (German language).
Beginning in 1984, “Ergebnisse der Frauenforschung” (Findings in Women’s Studies) editions at Freie Universität Berlin showcased new research findings and distinguished academic achievements by women in an interdisciplinary series. In 2003, after 57 volumes (published by Beltz/Deutscher Studien Verlag and later Metzler Verlag), the series moved to Wallstein Verlag in Göttingen as a new imprint titled “Ergebnisse der Frauen- und Geschlechterforschung” (Findings in Women’s and Gender Studies).
The founding and publishers’ committee, which published the series on behalf of the Executive Board of Freie Universität Berlin, included:
- Prof. Dr. Anke Bennholdt-Thomsen, German Studies
- Dr. Ulla Bock, Sociology
- Prof. Dr. Marlis Dürkop, Social Education
- Prof. Dr. Ingeborg Falck, Medicine (deceased)
- Prof. Dr. Ingrid Kasten, Older German Literary Studies
- Prof. Dr. Marion Klewitz, Didactics of History
- Prof. Dr. Jutta Limbach, Law
- Prof. Dr. Hans Oswald, Education
- Prof. Dr. Renate Rott, Sociology
- Dr. Hanna Beate Schöpp-Schilling, American, English, and German Studies (deceased)
- Prof. Dr. Irmingard Staeuble, Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Margarete Zimmermann, Romance Languages and Literature
Dr. Anita Runge
Margherita von Brentano Center
Habelschwerdter Allee 45
14195 Berlin, Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 30 8385-2482
37073 Göttingen, Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 551 54898-0