Dr. Arshi Javaid
- September 2020: PhD in Philosophy, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Juli 2014: MPhil in Philosophy, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Mai 2012: Masters in Political Science, Jamia Millia Islamia, India
- März 2010: Bachelor in Arts, University of Kashmir
Work and Research Area:
- Gender, conflict and violence in South Asia;
- Nationalism, gender and politics of memory;
- Politics of difference in international contexts;
- Communities ,neighborhoods and rememberance;
- Contesting Masculinities and Visuality
- April 2021- till now: Critical Residency Research Fellow, Freie Universitat Berlin
- 2020: Research Associate, Centre for Equity Studies, New Delhi, India
- 2019: Research Associate, Department of Management Studies, University of Kashmir
“Ambiguity of Concealment: Forgotten Stories from Jammu Massacre inDisplacement and Citizenship”: Histories and Memories of Exclusion.
Edited by Vijaya Rao, Shambhavi Prakash, Mallarika Sinha Roy and Papori Bora.
“Top Down Peace-Building in Kashmir,1989-2014”.
[Journal of North-East Region- A peer reviewed interdisciplinary research Journal, (April 2018, Issue 6 Vol 1) (ISSN -2321-0583)].
Newspaper & Online Journal Publications
- Texture Of Loss: Tapestry Of A Withered Neighbourhood From Kashmir (January 13th, 2020). https://trafo.hypotheses.org/21222
- Jammu Massacre: What It Meant To Be A Muslim Woman In Jammu In 1947 (November 7th, 2017)[ https://freepresskashmir.news/2017/11/07/jammumassacre70-what-it-meant-to-be-a-muslim-woman-in-jammu-in-1947/
- Recent Arson Attacks Aside, Schools In Kashmir Have Long Been Sites Of Surveillance.(November 15,2016).
- A Minister’s Loose Remark Has Reopened One Of The Darkest Chapters Of Jammu History (January 13,2016).
- Why Election Commission Can’t Escape Blame For Present Crisis (April 20th, 2017)
- Across The LoC, The Recent Rise In Indo-Pak Ceasefire Is A Human Tragedy (November 26th, 2017).
- Mehbooba’s Sole Priority Is BJP’s Goodwill, Kashmir Be Damned. (February 10th, 2017).
- Why I Won’t Celebrate Tina Dabi And Athar Khan For Topping The UPSC (February 10, 2017)
- You Ensured Our Voices Were Heard In JNU:A Kashmiri Writes To Umar Khalid (February 19, 2016).
- Handwara:16-Year-Old Girl Was Detained For 27 Days- Where Is the Outrage? (June 20,2016).